Assistant Head Early Years - Umm Suqeim Nursery
+971 4 427 1228
Welcome to the Umm Suqeim South Campus Montessori Nursery. Our expert team is dedicated to provide each student a supportive, challenging and culturally diverse educational environment. Our qualified Montessori Directresses guide our students to their fullest potential academically, emotionally and socially, therefore preparing them to be responsible citizens within our international community. Maria Montessori, who was responsible for introducing the Montessori Method of education, often quoted, “Help me to do it by myself,” describing each child’s expression of an inner need for independence. Our program emphasizes this need by encouraging investigation and discovery with direct, hands-on experiences.
Our curriculum is delivered in alignment with the principles of Maria Montessori’s educational philosophy, nurturing the ‘whole child’ in a structured approach with total child-centered teaching by:
- Allowing children to make choices for their own learning, thus encouraging independence and self-initiative.
- Respecting each child’s uniqueness and in turn inspire each child to develop to his/her full potential.
- Providing an atmosphere that nurtures an early enthusiasm for learning and develops a strong work ethic.
- Fostering children’s curiosity and creativity by empowering them to ask questions and try new ideas
We are committed to facilitating the development of the “whole child” through encouragement and guidance. Our Montessori curriculum includes: Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Language, Geography, Science, Art and Music. It is designed to meet the Early Years Learning Goals in the 7 areas of:
- Personal Social and Emotional Development (Self Confidence, Managing feelings and behaviour, Making relationships)
- Physical Development (Moving and handling, Health and self-care)
- Communication and Language (Listening and attention, Understanding, Speaking)
- Literacy (Reading, Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shapes, space and measure)
- Understanding of the World (People and communities, The World, Technology)
- Expressive Art and Design (Exploring and using media and materials, Being imaginative)
Working together, I am hopeful that we will maintain a safe and nurturing environment for our children. Please contact me if you have any questions as I recognise the importance of tailoring our offerings to the unique requirements of our children, and would be delighted to explore this with you on an individual basis.